The Best Strawberry Buttermilk Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 ounce package strawberry gelatin I used Jello brand
- 5 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk (whole milk can be used) at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Sift flour salt and baking powder together.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare a 10-inch bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening then sugar or flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together shortening and butter. Add sugar and mix until fluffy.
- Next mix eggs in one at a time until yellow mixes in the batter. Add vanilla and mix in the batter.
- Add strawberry gelatin to the flour mixture. Whisk to combine.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk beginning and ending with flour mixture. (1/3 flour mixture 1/2 buttermilk 1/3 flour 1/2 buttermilk 1/3 flour)
- Pour batter into a bundt pan and smooth top.
- Bake in 325-degree oven 65 to 70 minutes.
- Allow cake to cool for 10 – 15 minutes then carefully turn out on a serving tray.
Recipe NotesRecipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe please simply link back to this post for the recipe.Thank you PaulaThis article and recipe adapted from this site