The Best Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls
- 2 ¼ teaspoon Active Dry Yeast or 1 packet
- 1 ¼ cup Milk
- ¼ cup Honey
- 4 Tablespoons melted Butter separated
- 1 large Egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Flour
- Bring the milk to a boil. Remove it from heat and let it reduce lukewarm.
- Mix the milk yeast and honey in a small bowl until well combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix 3 tablespoons of the butter the milk mixture egg and 2 cups of flour. Mix slowly until smooth. (Use a mixer with a dough hook if you have one otherwise it works by hand.) Gradually add the remaining 2 cups of flour and mix until a dough has formed.
- Add salt and mix/knead for 8 minutes. Then drop the dough onto a floured surface and knead for a few more minutes.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and drop the dough inside. Cover the bowl (plastic wrap or a damp cloth works) and let it rise for an hour in a warm place.
- Spray 2 cookie sheets with vegetable oil. Punch down the dough and roll it out on a flat floured surface until it’s about ½ inch thick. Fold it in half and gently seal.
- Cut into 24 squares of even size and place on the cookie sheets. Cover them and let them rise for about 40 minutes until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter and brush the top of the rolls.
- Serve with Copycat Texas Roadhouse Butter.
This article and recipe adapted from this site