The Best Chicken Parmesan Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
INSTRUCTIONSNote: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees and spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Put the chicken breasts between two pieces of saran wrap or parchment paper and using a rolling pin or flat kitchen mallet flatten it to 1/2 inch thickness then season them with salt and pepper.
- In three shallow bowls add the flour to one eggs to one (and beat until combined) and the panko and Parmesan cheese to the other (and mix).
- Dredge the chicken in the flour then the egg and finally press it into the panko mixture.
- Add the olive oil and butter to a cast iron skillet on medium high heat and cook the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown (it ll be raw inside still).
- Add the chicken to a baking sheet add the marinara sauce on top and finally top with the shredded mozzarella and cook for 18-20 minutes.
NUTRITION INFORMATIONYield: 4 Servings Amount per serving: 477 calories Serving Size: 1 Calories: 477gThis article and recipe adapted from this site