Stovetop Chicken And Dumplings In 30 Minutes
- 1 medium sweet onion finely diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 2 ribs celery sliced
- 4 Tbsp butter
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 large bay leaf
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 10.75 oz can cream of chicken with herbs soup
- 3 14.5 oz cans low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups roughly chopped rotisserie chicken
- 2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 2 1/2 cup buttermilk baking mix [i.e. Bisquick]
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- In the bottom of a large heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven melt the butter. Add diced onion sliced carrots and celery. Season with salt and black pepper to your taste. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables are beginning to soften and brown.
- Add 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and stir to coat the vegetables.
- Add bay leaf soup chicken broth chopped chicken poultry seasoning garlic powder onion powder and tarragon. Adjust the salt and black pepper to your taste. Stir well.
- Increase the burner temperature and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile in a medium sized mixing bowl mix together the buttermilk baking mix and buttermilk.
- Use a Tbsp or a 2 oz ice cream scoop to divide the dumpling dough dropping into the boiling broth.
- After all of the dumplings have been added lower the heat to a gentle simmer and cover. Do not lift the lid for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes uncover and gently press the dumplings into the broth.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Stir the dumplings through the broth prior to serving to naturally thicken the broth.
Read Full Recipe >>>> Click Here