Southwestern 7 Layer Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 1 cup Cheddar jack cheese freshly grated (more to taste)
- 1 cup canned fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 14.5 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles
- 2 ounces Sliced olives drained
- 2 green onions thinly sliced for garnish optional
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese with sour cream and taco seasoning. *For best results beat cream cheese with a hand or stand mixer until fluffy and smooth (no lumps) then stir in sour cream and taco seasoning.
- Pour cream cheese mixture into an 11×7-inch baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula. Layer ingredients as desired: cheese black beans tomatoes/green chiles corn olives. Garnish with sliced green onions.
- Chill until ready to serve and serve with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
NOTESAmounts of toppings listed are general. Feel free to use more or less to your liking.If your store doesn t carry the Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes with green chiles 2 cans of Rotel or a combo of 1 can diced tomatoes and 1/2 of a can of green chiles all drained well will suffice.Base Recipe adapted from this SITE