Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (681g) about 1 to 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (7g) plus more for seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (15ml)
- 1 cup red onion (120g) 1-inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (230g) 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound baby red potatoes (454g) cut in half
- 1 ear corn cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped garlic (20g)
- 1 1/4 cup unsalted chicken stock (300ml)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour (26g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice plus 4 wedges for serving
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- Trim excess skin and fat from the chicken thighs.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat once hot add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Add chicken skin side down to the hot oil cook until skin is golden in color 5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and cook 2 minutes transfer to a clean plate.
- Add onion carrot potatoes corn and garlic to slow cooker.
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon pepper chicken stock flour and lemon juice add to slow cooker.
- Add chicken thyme and rosemary to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook 2 to 4 hours on high setting or 4 to 6 hours on low setting until the chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender.
- Transfer chicken and vegetables to serving plates.
- Pour cooking liquid through a strainer if desired whisk to combine and season as desired.
- Serve sauce and lemon wedges with the chicken dinner.
This article and recipe adapted from this site