Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 pound smoked sausage sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons coarse cajun seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 pound of uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 5 oz freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- Pat chicken breasts dry and season with salt pepper and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Heat olive oil over high heat and quickly sear chicken breasts on both sides.
- Add chicken breasts sausage heavy cream chicken broth butter garlic cloves and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt cajun seasoning and several turns of freshly ground black pepper to slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 4 hours or high for 2-3 hours until chicken has reached 165 degrees.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and set aside to cool and slice.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of hot water and uncooked penne pasta cover and cook on high for about 30 minutes. Just until pasta is tender.
- Once pasta is tender stir in parmesan cheese sliced chicken and additional salt and black pepper to taste.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE