Oven Baked Chicken And Rice
- 5 chicken thigh fillets bone in skin OFF (Note 1)
- 1 onion chopped (brown white or yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic (large) minced
- 2 tbsp/ 30 g butter (or olive oil)
- 1 1/2 cups / 270 g long grain white rice (Note 3)
- 1 1/2 cups / 375 ml chicken broth/stock
- 1 1/4 cups / 312 ml water hot (tap is fine)
CHICKEN RUB (NOTE 2):
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
Black pepperOPTIONAL GARNISH:
- Fresh thyme leaves or finely chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Scatter onion and garlic in a baking dish (about 10 x 15 / 25 x 35 cm) then place butter in the centre. Bake for 15 minutes (check at 12 minutes mix if some bits are browning too much).
- Meanwhile mix together Chicken Rub. Sprinkle on both sides of the chicken.
- Remove baking dish from the oven. Add rice then mix.
- Place chicken on rice. Then pour chicken broth and water around the chicken.
- Cover with foil then bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil spray chicken with oil (optional) then bake for a further 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Stand for 5 minutes then remove chicken and fluff up rice. Garnish with parsley if desired serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site