One Pan Cheesy JalapeÑo Chicken
- 1 lime sliced
- 3 1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil divided
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in half and pounded to be 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups frozen corn kernels thawed (fresh corn works as well)
- 2 jalapeños seeds removed and sliced lengthwise into strips
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (juice of 2-3 limes)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (or any cheese you prefer)
- minced fresh cilantro for garnish
- extra lime wedges for garnish
- To a mixing bowl add chicken chili powder oregano kosher salt ground cumin black pepper dried minced onion and ancho chile powder. Toss and massage spice mixture into all sides of chicken.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl or plate and lightly dredge chicken in flour. Let chicken sit while you heat up your pan.
- Heat large oven-safe skillet over MED-HIGH heat. Add lime slices to pan and char for 1-2 minutes per side until charred and brown as desired. Remove to a plate.
- Add 2 ½ Tbsp of the vegetable oil to the hot pan and let heat through until shimmering.
- Add chicken pieces to the hot pan being careful not to overcrowd the pan (you may need to do 2 batches depending on the size of your pan). Cook about 3 minutes per side until golden brown then remove to plate.
- Move oven rack to the upper third part of the oven and preheat broiler to HIGH.
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp vegetable oil and then add corn kernels jalapeno slices and garlic. Cook stirring often about 2-3 minutes until corn begins to lightly brown.
- Add chicken back to the pan and pour in lime juice and water. Cook several minutes (this time can vary depending on your stove – mine took 2 minutes) until liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and broil for about 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with minced fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges or charred lime slices.
This Recipe adapted from >>>> Click Here