Keto Pumpkin Muffins With A Cream Cheese Swirl
IngredientsFor the Muffins:
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted or use liquid coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the Filling:
- 3 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt coconut oil and butter. ( I have started using liquid coconut oil for baking).
- Beat eggs Lakanto Monkfruit Powdered pumpkin puree vanilla and pumpkin pie spice until combined.
- Add coconut oil and butter to the mixture and mix well.
- Add coconut flour salt and baking powder to other ingredients then mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the ingredients for the filling and stir until combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins with batter. (I would suggest using a silicone muffin pan or parchment paper muffin liners as keto baking items tend to stick.)
- Spoon approx 1/2 teaspoon cream cheese filling mixture on top. With a toothpick swirl the cream cheese mixture into the batter.
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 18-22 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean. My muffins were perfect at 20 minutes but every oven cooks differently.
- The sugar alcohols in the Lakanto Monkfruit are not included in the nutritional information since most subtract to get net carbs.
- The nutritional info is based on the ingredients I used in my kitchen. I would encourage you to calculate your own based on the ingredients you use.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE