Easy Pecan Caramel Bars Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 60 club crackers
- 2 (11 oz) bags caramels melted according to package directions
- 10 oz Fisher Pecan Halves chopped
- 1 (11.5 oz) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil. Butter foil.
- Arrange half of the crackers in the bottom of buttered pan in a flat layer.
- Pour one-third of the melted caramel over crackers in pan and spread caramel into an even layer. Sprinkle half of pecans on top of caramel and then top pecans with one-third more of the caramel on top.
- Top caramel layer with the remaining crackers. Pour remaining caramel on top of crackers and spread caramel into an even layer.
- In medium sized microwave safe bowl microwave chocolate chips uncovered for 2 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Pour over caramel and spread evenly. Top with remaining pecans.
- Let cool until chocolate has hardened about 1 hour in the fridge. Cut into bars and serve! If you cool these in the fridge to speed up the process they will be hard to cut right out of the fridge because the caramel will be really hard. I recommend you let them warm up a little before attempting to cut them and then they will cut easily with a sharp knife!
- These can be stored in an airtight container for up to one week.
This article and recipe adapted from this site