Easy Lime Meltaways Dessert
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (or key lime juice)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar for serving
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour cornstarch and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy. Add lime zest juice and vanilla; beat until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until blended.
- Between two 8-by-12-inch pieces of parchment paper roll dough into two 1 1/4-inch-diameter logs. Chill at least 1 hour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Remove parchment from logs; slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place rounds on baking sheets spaced 1 inch apart. Bake cookies until barely golden about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly 8 to 10 minutes. Place remaining 2/3 cup powdered sugar in a resealable plastic bag. While still warm place cookies in the sugar-filled bag; toss to coat. Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This article and recipe adapted from this site