Easy Chocolate Lasagna
- 1 package regular Oreo cookies (not the Double Stuff kind) – about 36 cookies
- 5 Tablespoon butter melted
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cold milk
- Optional – 4 tbsp chocolate liqueur such as Godiva Chocolate Liqueur or Bailey’s.( If you don’t want to use this just leave it out! No substitution of another liquid is required.)
- 12 ounce tub Cool Whip divided
- 2 of 3.9 ounce packages Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 3 1/4 cups cold milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Crush 36 Oreo cookies. I use my food processor but you could also place them in a large ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin or meat tenderizer mallet. Crush until the Oreos have turned into fine crumbs.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to a large bowl. Stir in melted butter. Use a fork to mix the butter into the cookie crumbs. Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish pressing the crumbs into the bottom of the dish. Place the baking dish into the refrigerator and work on the additional layers.
- In a large bowl mix the cream cheese with a mixer until light and fluffy. Add 2 Tablespoons of milk and sugar. Mix well. Add the chocolate liquor if desired. Stir in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip and completely mix. Spread this mixture over the oreo crust.
- In a bowl add 3 and 1/4 cups cold milk to the chocolate instant pudding. Whisk for several minutes until the pudding starts to thicken. Use a spatula to spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese layer. Allow the dessert to firm up on the countertop for 5 minutes.
- Spread the remaining Cool Whip on top. Next sprinkle mini chocolate chips over the top. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or the refrigerator for 4 hours then serve.
- This dessert can be frozen for a week.
This article and recipe adapted from this site