Dill Pickle Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken (or about 4 cups shredded or diced chicken)
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bar (8 oz) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice (from the pickle jar)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Add the chunked chicken diced dill pickles and green onion to a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine all the creamy dressing ingredients and stir together until smooth and combined. Pour over the chicken salad and stir together.
- Let the chicken salad hang out in the fridge for at least 4-5 hours before serving. This chicken salad is much better when it s cold. Serve with croissants rolls or lettuce leaves.
- If you serve this chicken salad with smaller rolls then you will be able to get closer to 15-20 sandwiches. Croissants are larger which results in fewer servings.
- Feel free to use light cream cheese if wanted.
- If you are not using a pre-seasoned rotisserie chicken you may need to add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Use the 1/4 teaspoon called for and then taste. Add more salt if needed.
- The cream cheese needs to be soft so it mixes in smooth. I put the cream cheese on a microwave safe plate and let it microwave for about 25 seconds.
This article and recipe adapted from this site