Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breasts boneless skinless cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 can (14 ounce) coconut milk
- 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomato drained
- 1 can (8 ounce) tomato sauce (passata may be used if tomato sauce is not available)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Season the chicken chunks with salt and pepper.
- Mix curry powder and oil. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the curry oil mixture. Heat curry oil for 1 minute.
- Add garlic and onions and cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken chunks and toss lightly to coat with the curry oil mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 7 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk diced tomatoes tomato sauce and sugar into the pan and stir to combine. Cover and simmer stirring occasionally approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve immediately over rice. Enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site