Chicken Potato Bake
- 4 potatoes medium-sized cut into 3/4 cube (russet white and red are all good choices no need to peel)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken (I like to use thighs)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- parsley (optional freshly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Place the potato cubes in a large bowl add the garlic olive oil salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spray a large (9×13) baking dish with non stick spray.
- Spread potato mixture in dish and bake about 15 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven and place the chicken pieces in the dish nestling them down into the potato mixture a bit.
- If desired brush the top of each chicken piece with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked and potatoes are browned.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top return to the oven and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese.
- When serving sprinkle chopped parsley on top (if desired).
This article and recipe adapted from this site