Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake
Ingredients2 cups granulated sugar1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened4 large eggs room temperature1 1/4 cups full-fat sour cream4 cups all-purpose or cake flour sifted1 tablespoon baking powder1 teaspoon salt1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract1 cup fresh blueberries2 peaches peeled pitted dicedStreusel toppping1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened1 cup granulated sugar3/4 cup all-purpose flour1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamonInstructionsStreusel Topping
- In a bowl combine the ingredients with your fingers. Adjust the cinnamon to your liking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line three loaf pans with baking papers. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl of a stand mixer or use an electric hand mixer cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the salt eggs vanilla and sour cream and combine. Occasionally scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the half of the flour and combine. Scrape the bowl again with a rubber spatula. Add the remaining flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
- Fold in the blueberries and peach pieces.
- Divide the batter evenly between the three loaf pans. Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly on the top of each unbaked coffee cake. (keep any leftover streusel topping in a freezer safe Ziploc bag)
- Place the loaf pans on a half sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 60-65 minutes. Cakes are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Let the cakes cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE