Best Salted Brownie Cookies
- 2/3 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate finely chopped (recommended: 70% chocolate)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- flaky salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk together flour cocoa baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Slowly melt the chocolate stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Combine eggs sugars and vanilla in a large mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment and whisk together on medium speed for 5 minutes. Reduce speed to low and beat in melted chocolate for 1 minute. Add flour mixture and mix on low speed for 20 seconds just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips (dough will resemble a gooey brownie batter).
- Use a cookie scoop coated lightly with nonstick spray to form the cookies – invert the scoop just above the baking sheets spacing cookies 3 inches apart. Bake rotating pans halfway through for 12 to 14 minutes until tops are shiny and crackly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with flaky salt. Let cookies cool for 10 minutes on baking sheets then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
This article and recipe adapted from this site