Best Recipes Simple Cinnamon Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
Cinnamon Syrup Glaze
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and lightly flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour baking powder cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl beat together the sugar butter and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs one at a time fully incorporating between each one.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternating with the milk.
- Pour batter in the prepared pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- While the cake cools make the cinnamon glaze. In a small saucepan combine the sugar water butter vanilla and cinnamon. Heat over medium until sugar is dissolved and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Turn cake out onto a wire rack set over a plate. Using a fork poke holes all over the cake then drizzle with the cinnamon syrup glaze.
- Slice serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site