Best One Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta
- 200 g / 7oz chicken breast cut in half horizontally
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g / 8 oz fettuccine
- 2 cups milk any fat %
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock / broth
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup thickened / heavy cream (Note 1)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan (Note 2)
- Parsley for garnish
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Use a skillet large enough to fit the pasta.
- Heat oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden and cooked through. Remove onto plate and rest for 5 minutes then slice while pasta is cooking.
- Add milk chicken broth and garlic. Bring to simmer then add pasta.
- Move pasta around every 30 seconds or so until it is softened (around 3 minutes) so it doesn t stick. Once pasta is softened reduce heat to medium and stir every couple of minutes.
- At about 9 – 10 minutes the pasta should be almost cooked but there should still be liquid covering the base of the skillet. Add cream and parmesan and mix.
- Simmer stirring occasionally for ~2 minutes until sauce is thickened and pasta is cooked. If you cook it too long and the sauce goes gluggy add a splash of hot tap water – will go back to silky with a few tosses.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately garnished with freshly grated parmesan and parsley!
This article and recipe adapted from this site